Automotive Service Technician
Elkins Chevrolet was founded as a single dealership in 1991 by Mike Elkins and takes a family business approach in the automotive industry. Elkins Chevrolet takes great pride in our long history of excellent customer service as well as customer and employee satisfaction, while maintaining high standards of ethical behavior. We aspire to continue growth in the automotive industry with our unique company culture by recruiting and retaining employees that can exceed our expectations. We are looking to recruit a Service Technician with exceptional diagnostic and repair skills who is self-motivated, willing to multi-task, is hungry to earn, and willing to evolve and improve. Our union shop offers a uniquely supportive work environment consistent with the progressive view of the entire dealership, which offers competitive pay, medical, dental, 401k, productivity bonuses, continuous paid ASE and GM training, holiday pay, sick time, vacation time, and personal days for full-time employees. Sound too good to be true? Ask the 60 plus employees that live it every single day, some of which have more than 20 years of tenure in both departments.
- Diagnose and repair vehicles quickly and accurately the first time
- Must be able to perform all manner of maintenance services
- Inspect vehicles and advise of potential maintenance or repair issues
- Adhere to manufacturer’s compliance regulations
- Road test vehicles to verify concerns and repairs
- Utilize high dollar shop equipment
- Maintain high ethical standards
- Maintain ASE and manufacturer certifications and training per applicable standards and skill level
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, no nights and no weekends!
- Full-time - 40 hour guarantee
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license
- High School Diploma, Vocational/Technical School graduate or equivalent
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- High productivity while maintaining high quality work
- Possess tools required to accomplish job duties
- Exceptional communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to understand manufacturer’s specifications
- General Motors experience of at least 2 years and ASE certifications are preferred but not required
- Selected candidate must be able to perform all job functions that require bending, standing, lifting, and reaching.
We offer continued growth opportunities for employees that have excellent talent, energy, and ambition to succeed. Salary and benefits are highly competitive and we offer continuous training to full-time employees.